TLS (NI) Level 2 Programme
Designed and facilitated by experienced school leaders and teachers, TLS Programme 2 gives very good (and outstanding) teachers a set of high level skills and strategies that enable them to become consistently and sustainably outstanding.
The Programme enables teachers to:-
- demonstrate higher level understanding of teaching and improve learning for their students;
- coach colleagues in their own school and in other schools to raise performance levels;
- create a proactive school culture where the quality of teaching and learning is observed, discussed, challenged and enhanced;
- increase job satisfaction and create opportunities for further leadership and career progression;
The programme is a key part of TLS school-to-school support, which is helping to increase capacity and drive up standards in schools. Among many benefits, this programme helps teachers to become consistently outstanding in all their professional activities and have a significant impact on how people achieve.
- provides in-depth coaching to deepen teachers’ understanding of outstanding classroom practice;
- delegates improve through facilitated practice activities giving structured opportunities to reflect on teaching approaches and their quality and impact;
- introduces and consolidates new knowledge and skills and focuses on what makes teaching and learning outstanding;
- requires ‘learning threes’ to prepare and present at an outstanding level to the whole delegate group for evaluation against DR ICE®;
- forms part of the school’s professional development provision as this supports the implementation of agreed best practice;
- this programme is crucial for teachers involved in developing their Leadership in Teaching and Learning;
TLS (NI) Level 2 Programme consists of six fortnightly full-day sessions, through a TLS (NI) approved hub school. Schools need to release three teachers at a time, as learning takes place in groups of three. There is the option that ‘learning threes’ can be made up from cluster schools.
Trained facilitators lead the learning process at each hub school and support the progress of course delegates throughout.
This programme is open to teachers with the potential and capacity to deliver consistently outstanding lessons.
Applicants need to demonstrate:-
- strong commitment to Teaching and Learning and show that they are inspiring individuals with strong interpersonal skills and who are role models for students;
- experience of value added data showing student progress and improving exam results;
- a commitment to professional development and the ability to truly reflect on their practice, including using student feedback to evaluate the impact of their teaching.
- TLS (NI) Level 2 Programme is having a significant impact on the performance of teaching staff and pupils in schools.